Monday, February 20, 2012

Scotland pt. 2

The Scotland section of my trip draws to a close. Tomorrow is officially my last day here and then I leave at some ridiculously early hour on Wednesday morning to journey to California and my sister. These last few days have been good. My Mom and little sister, Maya, arrived on Saturday afternoon. My Uncle Paul had been here for a couple of days before that and he drove my Dad and I to the airport to pick them up. Paul left Sunday morning so it's just the four of us plus Grandpa. Somehow I thought it would be strange to see the rest of my family after two months apart, but two months doesn't erase eighteen years. It feels perfectly normal to be all together, even if it isn't in the usual surroundings.

Weather has outdone itself lately. Saturday morning started out sunny, turned to rain, followed by snow, and returned to sun for the afternoon. By sun, I mean a relative lack of cloudiness but the sky is never totally clear. It's impossible to say what the day will be like even on the morning of, though it has rained every day in typical Glaswegian style. My Dad and I were fairly lucky our first week here and it's good we made use of those clear days by going into town because we really haven't been venturing far since we returned from Germany.

Since the arrival of my Mom and Maya we've seen some of the rest of the local family and friends. My cousin Simon came over the other day and our old babysitter, Bridget, came over earlier today. That was nice but I'm pretty eager to get to California and sunshine. Not to mention my sister who I haven't seen since the summer! So that is all for now, and probably all for Scotland. Back to the US it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment