Thursday, February 23, 2012

Bed #15

Flights 9 and 10 brought me to Bed #15, which happens to be the most crowded bed so far in that I share it with the lovely Noa Silver (no complaints there). Yesterday will officially be recognized as The Day That Wouldn't End. Nothing is more disorienting than waking up at 4am in the dark and the rain in Scotland, spending 18 hours either in airports or airplanes, and emerging to a warm, sun-filled afternoon around 2pm in California. Noa and I danced down the street into each others arms and she led me to her apartment. It's a lot bigger than I expected. It's the upper floor of a house and has rooms for 4 girls, plus a decent sized living room, dining room, and small kitchen. So far I've met 2 out or the 3 roommates and they're both really nice. Also, Noa's boyfriend, Jack, came over for dinner and though I was only clinging onto wakefulness at that point it was great to see him, and to eat non-plane food.

Upon reuniting, one of the first things Noa said to me was, "So I got bored at work today and made you a list of some things to do." Great, I thought, expecting a few suggestions. What I have instead is a day-by-day schedule of what I might choose to do or who is going to be around, since Noa has to work during the week. Today's assignment is to explore Berkeley, and the sunshine streaming in this window next to me is already enticing me outside. Noa finishes work around 3 and gets back to her neighborhood at 4ish so we'll meet up then and maybe hit up yoga at 4:30 and then locate ourselves some dinner. Not too shabby. I think it's going to be a good week here.

No comments:

Post a Comment